Friday, May 21, 2010

R&J Essay

Writing my essay took lots of time and thought. I took this very seriously since i got a B last time. i though of a great Idea and totally milked it. I believe that after all year I have really improved on my essay skills. To me literary analysis is trying to decipher what the author had intended for a specific character and analysing the different literary devices he/she used. It is important to understand how to use and comprehend what the author is saying. However in some cases like Shakespeare it is sometimes challenging to understand what exactly he is saying. However being able to decipher their codes s very rewarding when you can understand and get a better understanding of the story.

In this essay i made sure that I had nothing from the B section and every thing from the A. Last essay I only got a B because I had a a weak hook and such. So this time I typed with my rubric right next to me so I'm pretty confident this time. My Essay will be a A. I think!

2 comments:

  1. I think so too!Good job Xander, one thing though, in this blog, it seems as if you were being rather repetitive. "understand how to use and comprehend what the author is saying. However in some cases like Shakespeare it is sometimes challenging to understand what exactly he is saying. However being able to decipher their codes s very rewarding when you can understand and get a better understanding of the story." lots of understandings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I definitely agree that its critical to comprehend what the author intended for you to realize. But I also think it is important to be creative and make inferences about a text, even if it is far beyond what the author had hoped for readers to understand.

    ReplyDelete